Click the following PDF links to download the Elite Caravans Owners Manual and the Elite Caravans Warranty for Elite caravan owners.
The Elite Caravans Warranty is reproduced below, for you convenience.
ELITE CARAVANS (AUSTRALIA) PTY LTD
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Elite Caravans (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 57 129 308 416) ("Elite Caravans") provides the following warranty in relation to its caravans ("Caravan").
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
Elite Caravans warrants that, subject to the exclusions and limitations below, all parts of the manufacture and assembly of the Caravan carried out by Elite Caravans will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months from date of purchase ("Warranty Period").
This warranty is not transferable to a subsequent customer if the Caravan is sold by the original customer during the Warranty Period.
If a defect appears in Elite Caravans' manufacture or assembly of the Caravan before the end of the Warranty Period and Elite Caravans finds the Caravan to be defective in materials or workmanship, Elite Caravans will, in its sole discretion, either:
- replace or repair the Caravan or the defective part of the Caravan free of charge; or
- cause the Caravan or the defective part of the Caravan to be replaced or repaired by a qualified repairer free of charge.
Elite Caravans reserves the right to replace defective parts of the Caravan with parts and components of similar quality, grade and composition where an identical part or component is not available.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
- If a fault covered by warranty occurs, the customer must first contact Elite Caravans at the contact address listed below, or the dealer from which the Caravan was purchased ("Dealer").
- Any warranty claim must be accompanied by:
- proof of purchase;
- full details of the alleged defect; and
- appropriate documentation (such as historical and maintenance records).
- The customer must make the Caravan available to Elite Caravans or its authorised repair agent for inspection and testing. If such inspection and testing finds no defect in the Caravan, the customer must pay Elite Caravans' usual costs of service work, evaluation and testing.
- The customer must bear the cost of the transport of the Caravan to and from Elite Caravans or the authorised repair agent to make the warranty claim, and all insurance of the Caravan.
The warranty will not apply where:
- the Caravan has been repaired, altered or modified by someone other than Elite Caravans or an authorised repair agent;
- the alleged defect in the Caravan is within acceptable industry variances;
- Elite Caravans cannot establish any fault in the Caravan after testing and inspection;
- the Caravan has been used other than for the purpose for which it was designed;
- the defect in the Caravan has arisen due to the customer's failure to properly use and maintain the Caravan in accordance with any of Elite Caravans', or the Dealers', instructions, recommendations and specifications, such as applicable maintenance schedules (including those set out in the Owner's Manual which can be found online at www.elitecaravans.com.au);
- the defect in the Caravan has arisen due to the customer's request to customise the Caravan;
- the Caravan has been subject to abnormal conditions, including environment, temperature, water, fire, humidity, pressure, stress or similar;
- the defect has arisen due to abuse, misuse, neglect or accident;
- unauthorised parts or accessories have been used on or in relation to the Caravan; or
- the Caravan has been overloaded or involved in an accident.
The warranty does not extend to:
- damage or defects caused by normal wear and tear, including impact or stone damage;
- water damage caused by creek crossings, flooding and other similar conditions;
- damage or defects caused by excessive speed or hard impact; or
- the aesthetics of galvanising, coating and protectant treatments used.
Some of the materials and components used in the manufacture of the Caravan are not manufactured by Elite Caravans and are not covered by this warranty. Instead, they are separately warranted by their individual manufacturer's warranty against manufacturing defects. Elite Caravans will use its best reasonable endeavours to pass on to the customer the benefit of any third party manufacturers' warranties. Please note that the length of warranty periods provided for the supplied components and their terms may vary depending on the item. The separately warranted components may include, but are not limited to axles, wheels and couplings.
This warranty does not apply to maintenance items which are the responsibility of the customer. The maintenance items include but are not limited to:
- suspension servicing;
- wheel bearing servicing and adjustment;
- checking tyre pressures;
- general greasing and tightening of components; and
- rust-proofing, painting and maintenance of painted surfaces and exposed surfaces.
Elite Caravans makes no express warranties or representations other than set out in this warranty.
The repair or replacement of the Caravan or part of the Caravan is the absolute limit of Elite Caravans' liability under this express warranty.
Elite Caravans (Australia) Pty Ltd
40A & B Glenbarry Road
Campbellfield VIC 3061
Phone: (03) 8399 6200
Fax: (03) 9357 7996